Director of Education
Full-time, calendar year position is currently available at Grove City Church of the Nazarene to review all educational aspects of the Grove City Christian School and the Grove City Christian Child Care Center effective immediately. The Director of Education is the chief academic and administrative officer whose role is to direct and implement the educational mission of our Child Care Center and Christian School in accordance with all established standards and policies. Ultimately, the goal of this position will be responsible for the cooperation and coordination of all educational aspects of Grove City Church of the Nazarene. The person in this position will be a Grove City Church of the Nazarene employee and as such will be accountable to the Executive Pastor and to each of the organizational Boards.
The Director of Education has the opportunity to be deeply involved in the educational aspects and ministry of the children and students attending the child care and the school, as well as the families of those students. In addition, he/she shall:
- Ensure a positive first impression of the child care and the school, advancing the educational mission and vision of Grove City Church of the Nazarene both within the Church and in the community.
- Work in cooperation with the Grove City Church of the Nazarene Administrative Team and the supporting Boards in maintaining a quality Christian worldview academic program.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for Grove City Church of the Nazarene in regard to promoting the child care and school accomplishments for the purpose of growing enrollment in each educational facility
The candidate shall have:
- Committed to living his/her life in Christ and evidences this by seeking discernment, wisdom and guidance through prayer and reliance on scripture.
- Evidence of spiritual leadership within current and/or previous institutions, churches or organizations.
- A consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ and is a Christian role model in speech, actions and attitudes.
- A master's degree from a regionally accredited university preferably in administration or educational leadership.
- ACSI Superintendent Professional Administrative Certificate. If not yet earned, the candidate will have 3 years to complete the certification process upon hire. Additionally, the candidate will be required to obtain an Early Childhood Education Certification (under ACSI Superintendent Requirements) in an agreed upon timeframe.
- Had at least three to five year's administrative (including financial) experience preferably from a Christian school.
- The candidate will have taught successfully for three to five years in the classroom, and state maintained licensure.
- Experience as an educational leader in the profession and have demonstrated effective leadership in the educational disciplines of early childhood and/or K-12.
- Experience and/or a working knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance with state and regional governing bodies for Early Childhood and K-12 educational institutions.